Protect your tech-savvy, smartphone-wielding kids from inappropriate apps with content filters on the Google Play Store.
Content filtering allows you to restrict the type of apps that are available for downloaded on your Play Store. This is a great tool especially since the Play Store is less choosy than Apple when it comes to apps available to download.
Here’s how to do it on the Google Play Store:
- Open up the Play Store app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the 3-line menu icon and open “Settings”.
- Under “User controls” tap “Content filtering” and a popup menu will open.
- Select the content filtering that suits you and tap “OK”.
- If this is your first time setting content filtering then you will be asked to create a pin.
Note: if you’ve selected a content filtering option that isn’t “Show all apps” and inappropriate content still comes through, you can flag it for Google to check.