The Internet can be a scary and hilarious place, for further evidence see: the magic of Google Autocomplete. Keeping the internet kid-friendly while making sure your kids don’t make any unplanned purchases can be tricky for beginners.
But with Amazon it’s ridiculously easy to set Parental Controls on your Kindle to restrict access to the Web Browser, the Kindle Store, and the Cloud.
All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Tap the menu icon on the top right-hand corner of the home screen on your Kindle.
- Tap Settings and then tap Device Options.
- Tap Parental Controls and tap Off for any of the options that you want to require a password for access.
- Create a password (make sure there are no spies around!) and then tap OK.
- You’ll know that Parental Controls are set if you can see the lock icon at the top of the screen.
For more info, visit Amazon’s support website.