We love discovering new tools that could not only make life a little easier, but enable you to have a little fun along the way. One of those we happened upon recently is Powtoon.
It’s touted as an easy-to-use animated video creator that’s great for making explainer videos, brightening up your presentation skills and bringing a little learning into the classroom too. That’s the part we’re excited about. This Powtoon blog post explains it quite clearly and nicely, in that Powtoon’s uses are pretty far-reaching and great for bringing somewhat dull learning materials to life.
Here’s what we like about it though:
- It IS as easy as the creators say it is to use. I put together a little demo video for you, in under fifteen minutes;
- Adding music, animated images and other embellishments is so simple;
- Kids can have a great time creating their own videos and the learning curve is not too onerous to master, which makes Powtoon great for school projects, studying or just for fun (You could even make a short clip for your family on how to load the dishwasher correctly – I am considering this);
- While there are some paid options included in Powtoon, the free resources are more than sufficient for making great things. You can also unlock some features simply by watching a tutorial or taking certain actions while using Powtoon;
- The magic all happens online, and you can easily access your Powtoon creations from wherever you are (you can also export your videos in a number of formats or YouTube, enabling you to share them via social media too) and,
- Powtoon includes a range of pre-made templates you can apply for business, personal or other purposes.
And, just to prove how easy it is, I made a little Powtoon for DigiKids. Enjoy!